Saturday, June 4, 2016

Royals Desk

I cannot even begin to explain how proud I am of my son.  He stuck with me through this entire project, the only thing he didn't work on was the lettering.  We were given this desk, and weren't quite sure what to do with it.


Benton is a Royals fan, and needed some furniture to go in the new fort.  So we decided to use a baseball theme for the desk.  He painted two layers of blue chalk paint on the desk.  We really didn't sand it because it's veneer.  I did have to sand the sides of the drawer a little because it was really hard to pull it out.


A friend of mine gave me a projector.  COOLEST THING EVER!!!  I used some templates for the baseball stitches and the Royals logo and painted them on with the help of the projector.



I also had him paint two coats of white on the drawers.


After that we did some antiquing using dark wax.  I sort of wish now I just would have used clear wax but...I'm not re-doing his masterpiece.


Another view.


My hard working boy


The before and after photo


No comments:

Post a Comment