Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Bathroom Storage Cabinet

DAY 1

Beginning of a bathroom storage unit (above the toilet)..still needs a bit more work, and doors.



DAY 2

Made some gains with dad tonight on this, we made the doors.  I think now all that's left is getting hinges, handles and magnets...then of course painting this masterpiece.





DAY 3

So I know I said I wasn't going to end up working on the bathroom storage....but I did.  Spent last night putting the primer and paint on, today I've been working on glazing with white.

*Note to self: do not think you can use older bottles of glaze without feeling like you are working with 5 year old chewing gum.





Also, I did pick up the door magnets and knobs...but the hinges apparently are still in question.  I visited Lowe's twice yesterday and still came out with the wrong kind.


DAY 4

Had to put reinforcements on the storage unit, then paint them.

It's funny how an idea looks on paper then translates to real life...I never would have expected it to turn out this way.

Now I'm not sure if I truly had all that much stuff to put in there in the first place.
Love how it turned out and happy it's done!



No comments:

Post a Comment