Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Desk Restoration

DAY 1

So I have been spending some time looking on the free section of Craigslist to find new projects.  I stumbled upon this desk.

I had every intention of trying something new.  I wasn't sure how to sand because it's not real wood.  So I ended up using Zinsser Cover Stain Primer...wow, didn't realize how sticky that stuff was.  WEAR GLOVES NEXT TIME CHANDA!

So back to me trying something new, I got Valspar (because I love their paint) Signature Weathered Crackle Glaze.  Tried it...couldn't stand it.  I'm not sure if I didn't let the glaze dry enough before putting on my paint of choice...but it just looked like....HORRIBLE.  So after another couple coats of paint here's where I'm at now.





Yeah I don't much care for the way it looks...so I think I'm going to stencil something on the doors of the desk.  To be continued...

DAY 2

Well, I finished painting the desk and all I can think about when I look at it is 'Dirty Easter Egg'.  Oh well, it serves it's purpose I suppose.  Maybe it was the size of the Chevron designs that make it appear that way.

And here is the before and after


No comments:

Post a Comment