Sunday, December 28, 2014

Bookends

More Christmas presents, these were for my nephews.  I just used 3/4" plywood (left over scraps from another project), cut them down to size and used wood glue and a nail gun to put them together.  Afterwards, I stained them in my favorite color from Minwax called Dark Walnut. The dinosaurs I got from dollar tree, you really can't beat $1 for a dinosaur.  I used a band saw to cut the dino's in half then  I used super glue and hot glue to attach the dinosaurs (I put a dab of hot glue at 12 and 6 o'clock on the inside of the dinosaur and filled the rest in with super glue)  I kept these sitting for about a day before wrapping them up (just make sure you press down pretty hard on the dinosaur while the hot glue cools down to make sure it stays).



No comments:

Post a Comment