Sunday, November 29, 2015

Colonial End Table

Good thing he never looks on here, I can show you this weeks project for Jared's Christmas present.  He's a history buff so I'm making him an end table to go with his American Flag Coffee Table.  This table will have 13 stars, not really any room for the stripes since it's smaller...but hopefully people will get the reference.  I also read a little bit about this flag, this site I was looking at has a timeline of all the flags from the United States so I thought it was pretty cool and that I would share it with you US Flag TImeline.

So here's some pictures.  Here's what I started out with.


Beginning stages of putting it together after making some cuts.


I HATE ANGLES


All put together, can't wait to start painting!


Spray painted the top blue, I used painters tape around the edges because that part will also be stained.


Stained the bottom in dark walnut.


I used a large lid from a cooking pot to try and make this circle as "circular" as possible.


The stars aren't super even as far as spacing goes...but that's what makes it unique, right?


After the top dried I put some dark wax on the top (Valspar brand), to take the color brightness down a couple notches.


Here are a couple other views


Nothing light about this table...


Last one


No comments:

Post a Comment