Sunday, December 20, 2015

Dream Catchers

For Christmas, I made a couple of dream catchers inspired by a photo I saw on Pinterest, DIY Crafts Now.  I got all my supplies at Michaels.  They have these metal rings for a few bucks (comes in a pack of 3) and then I just grabbed some beads, feathers, string and some suede ribbon.

So you take your stings and beads (if you want them) and make a series of tied loops on the outer ring and pretty much just keep weaving until you get to the middle.  You have to pull the string pretty tight.  Then I attached my string of beads, that hold the feathers, on to the bottom of the ring.  Then you wrap the outer part of the ring with string or on one I used suede.  Last step is adding the feathers and the hanging piece at the top.

There were of course some trial and errors haha.


Another, lots of feathers



I think they're lovely


No comments:

Post a Comment