Sunday, March 22, 2015

Shadow box end table

DAY 1

Another piece we picked up at the used furniture shop.  This end table was $17 and some change...

Wanted to make it fun and different, and to light up the room.  So went with a coral chalk paint.  Used someone's homemade chalk paint (which ended up being really runny and required many coats).

I know, I know....it looks super pink.  This treasure isn't at all finished yet.

And the beginnings of the distressed process.


More to come, I know it will look great at the end!

DAY 2

I think she turned out quite gorgeous.  After distressing and clear waxing went over lightly with dark wax and added a shelf and stained it.  This was intended to be a shadow box to display whatever but it reminded us of a beach house so we put starfish in there.  Definitely looks different than when we originally bought it.



And you know me, every project conclusion needs a before and after photo!  She's adorable!

2 comments: