Saturday, February 20, 2016

Baseball Wreath

For my dad's birthday I wanted to make him something for the upcoming Royals season.  I've seen these on Pinterest and one of my friends from high school made one that turned out super cute.  I bought a dozen balls from Walmart for about $20, my Craigslist buy fell through so they would have to do.  I wanted to buy used baseballs to make it appear sort of old, so we had to improvise a little bit.  I took B out to Jared's for a little batting practice...I was a little disappointed when we didn't make the baseballs any dirtier, and it was still pretty cold outside.  Jared decided to rub them in mud, and they didn't turn out too bad.

On Pinterest, they said you could use a wire wreath from a craft store but I snagged Jared's one and only wire hanger.  I drilled a hole in each of the baseballs and ran the wire hanger (after trying to straighten it out as much as possible) through each ball.


I also picked up a couple letter while I was at Walmart and spray painted them blue.


After decided how I wanted the letters to lay I attached some wire to the back of the letters with hot glue, and got glue the letters together too (so they wouldn't come apart or fall off).  After that dried, I twisted the wire around the wire hanger to keep the letters snug in to place.



The letters were pretty blue so I used the antiquing wax to tone them down.  And lastly, after I twisted the wire hanger to secure the wreath I needed to hide all the twisted wire so I used a blue ribbon tied into a bow.  And viola, a Royals baseball wreath.


I think he liked it


Dad ended up putting his own spin on the wreath. How cool is this???!!!!


He made a shadow box to display his World Series tickets. It's hard to tell from the picture but the background of the shadow box is that fake grass stuff. Too cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment