Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Shelving Unit

Jared needed a wooden shelf to hold the Xbox and direct tv box so I thought I'd make him one. He gave me some pretty basic dimensions...really just saying how long it should be...I got a foot and a half out of him.  So I tried to make it unique...
And of course I can't do one project without making some goofy mistake...
That's right, see that? ^^^ Completely glued and nailed it on wrong.  This looks a little bit better.
Then I drilled some holes in the back center with the drill press so that the cords could go through.
And stained it in my favorite color, dark walnut.
Didn't turn out too bad, it was more enjoyable watching the boys try to mount it to the wall.
So looking back I probably wouldn't use the top lid to a stew pot to make those rounded edges that I cut out with a jigsaw.  It reminds me of a bread box or a mailbox.


No comments:

Post a Comment