Sunday, February 22, 2015

Bragging Rights

Okay, it's time to take a moment and brag about my dad for just a minute.  I've been so lucky to learn some of the tricks to the trade.  He's so creative, growing up I remember him making plenty of things in the garage...a picnic bench, birdhouses with license plate tops, our tree house with the secret door, a deck, tiling kitchen counters.  Anytime I get stuck on something he always has a way to make it better (that goes for more than just projects).  He's taught me a lot from when I began this whole adventure, he's very much my mentor in all aspects of my life.  Here's a couple things that he's done recently.  The first are pictures are of a pedestal he built for Maria's mom.  She just had the top of the table.  Maria's been working on a pair of chairs to put with it (I need to start having her take some before pictures).
And now he's been working on a new work bench for the shop.  It's been pretty amazing to first have the shop then get spoiled with heat and walls and a bathroom!  He added some drawers to the work bench and Maria and I even have our own spot!!  How lucky are we?
We are starting to get semi-organized.  We were talking yesterday about how we never would have expected this was the way we would spend our evenings after work or our weekend time.  My family is pretty special and quite talented.  So for dad's birthday, Candi and I decided to get him a little something to make all of his projects complete.  We got him a custom brand that says "Hand Crafted In Rocky's Workshop" and a pretty little storage box to keep it in....well, I had to test it out on SOMETHING!
I'd say he loved it!
Okay done bragging for a little bit.  Until the next updates....




No comments:

Post a Comment