Friday, February 13, 2015

Restoration Project: Coffee Table **For the love of the man cave**

DAY 1

So I know I said I was going to wait a week to start this but I decided to get a little sanding going today.  This table had plenty of dings and scratches to it but it's starting to look a little better I think.

DAY 2

I ended up using some stripper to get the rest of the old stain and top coat off of the table legs and in the creases.  After, I tried using a grey stain that honestly, at first, I didn't think turned out so well.
Step 1: Put the new stain on and let sit for a couple of minutes
Step 2: Wipe off in the direction of the grain (so right here is where I was feeling like....what did I just do)
Step 3: I put a coat of black Vaslpar paint on the table sides and legs.
Step 4: Put a coat of polyurethane on top of the table after letting the stain dry for an hour
Step 5: Put a second coat of the black paint on the table sides and legs

And there it is, looks more put together here and now I like the stain color I chose!
And at the end of every project you have to have the before and after photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment