Friday, February 13, 2015

Hot Pink Hair Appliance Holder

Started working on this today.  Took a trip to Lowe's to pick up 2" and 3" PVC pipe for a girlfriend from work.

To begin cut your PVC pipe down to size, for the 2" pipe I cut 5 that were 6" long.  And the 3" pipe I only cut one (for her blow dryer) that was 3.5" long.
Cutting PVC pipe is a mess...felt like it was snowing in the shop!

 Next, I took a left over scrap of mine and cut it down to size based on how I wanted the pipes arranged.
Put the pieces together with wood glue and four screws (and the handy Kreg Jig).  Then painted it black after I lightly sanded and smoothed the edges and corners.
I think I picked out some fun prints from Hobby Lobby (I just used their cardstock anywhere from $0.49-$1.99 a sheet, cut it down to size then used Mod Podge on the pipe to attach the back of the paper to it.  Then you will put a coat of mod podge on the outer part of the paper and let it dry.  I followed up with a coat of clear sealant from Valspar).

And added the back hangers so it can be mounted on the wall if she chooses.

All finished!

And now is getting some good use in it's new home!!

4 comments:

  1. Really cute! Would like to see how long it takes you to finish each project, maybe how much you spent, and where you found your furniture pieces :) More more more :) Keep it up you are talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tiffany! That's a great idea. I will try to add those pieces in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it so much and its for sure being put to good use. In the car my nephew was confused by it but now that its hanging he thinks its cool. As you can see though its definitely keeping my dresser clean now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that's good to hear! I'm glad you're loving it!

    ReplyDelete