Sunday, August 2, 2015

IKEA couch hack

My sister has been talking about putting different legs on this couch for a while.  She was so kind to let me share her experience.  These are the steps she took to update her couches she got from IKEA.


We went to Lowe's together while I was working on the dresser that's going to be my tv stand.  I think seeing the legs I bought for the dresser got her motivated to change hers.  So here's what she picked out.


This is after she had already stained them, here's the stain that she used.


Her project had a delay too, come to find out she needed the adapter piece because the original ones didn't fit the screws on the new legs (delays in projects runs in the family I guess).


So she popped the old ones off, and put the new ones on.  She got the same kind that I did for the dresser.  We both got these at Lowe's.


And once she attached those she put the new legs on.


And there you have it.  Didn't they turn out great?






1 comment: