Sunday, December 18, 2016

Crocheted pouf

I wanted to make t-shirt yarn and instead of buying a ton of white t-shirts I found some jersey knit fabric at Joann's and bought them out...it was just shy of 10 yds.  I found a great reference for cutting a continuous strip of fabric at Micah Makes.  Once I cut the strips (I made mine 1" wide) you simply stretch it out.  I continued to cut as much as I could with the cutting mat, then would switch to stretch the fabric and winding it up into a ball.







For the pouf itself, I went off a pattern from Gleeful Things.  The one she made measured about 10" high...I wanted mine to be double that so I added some more rows based off her instructions.  I went up to 10 SC to 1 DC.

Making some progress 




This is taking FOREVER



Want to hear something crazy?  I almost used all of the fabric.  I had planned to use some of it to make a bag to hold the stuffing....didn't even have enough for that.  So I used an extra twin fitted sheet instead.


So, I used a bunch of wadded up newspaper and 5 lbs of stuffing and came out with this.


I don't like it one bit.  I keep calling it frumpy.....

I guarantee you before the night is over, this is all going to be unraveled and I will redo it sticking with the original plans.

So I had plenty of t-shirt yarn to spare so I made her a couple of the smaller poufs.



No comments:

Post a Comment