Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Lego table

I think I've had this idea saved on my Pinterest since the beginning of time.  I've seen so many of these tables at thrift stores and right when I'm ready to tackle this project, I only ran across one.  Lucky me.


So first thing is to cut a hole on the top big enough to fit a plastic bin.  I traced the upper part of the bin onto the table with a permanent marker,  Then, I made a smaller template by bringing it in about 1/4".  The first few times the bin wouldn't go in right so I just kept trimming until it did.  Snug as a bug.


 I lightly sanded some of it, I wasn't being too particular about it just any rougher areas that I felt.

First coat of chalk paint is on, I used Relic from Americana Decor.


This paint covers pretty well, I think I'll only need 2 coats on it.  After the 2nd coat dried I put a coat of clear wax on it.

I also ordered the lego plate from Amazon as well.  Just some E6000 glue on the back to hold it down.  I put a heavy object on top of the plate and let it dry over night.



Simple enough project, just in time for Christmas.  Hope he loves it.


Before and after.







No comments:

Post a Comment